Saturday, July 28, 2007

Phenomenon (Do Do Doo Doot)!


Today's Sunday Scribblings prompt is phenomenon, which (of course) brought to mind the classic Muppets sketch with Sandra Bullock.

For geekier among you, I also found this X-Files take off. It made me laugh. I freely admit my (no-so) inner geek.



(I believe I've previously mentioned my fondness for Muppets...and X-Files?)

So, it's a perfect prompt for me. Phenomenon. Do Do Doo Doot!

And, for those wondering about our recent move... Well, JP's done a nice recap of the day itself. Since then, we've been trying to get the rest of our stuff out of the old place while working our stuff into the new place.

Because of JP's back, I'm left doing most of the heavy lifting, literally and figuratively. I'm also learning how to be a handy person. Today was filled with chores around the house, things like reorganizing the boxes in the garage (so someone could walk through), putting up a new bathroom fixture for JP, replacing the shower head, and so on. Friday, I rescued one of the cats (Pouncer) from under the back deck...only to (later) learn that she knew a way out of there in the first place. Oh, yes, I've also been trying to learn how to mix the appropriate chemicals for our hot tub.

It's a lot of hard work, this moving business. But, I love our new home. We're making it ours and, while it's a lot of work and aching muscles, it's also fun (in an odd way).

Of course, I look forward to the time when "fun" in our new home doesn't involve a lot of work on my part.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger paisley said...

having never seen either of those clips i am particularly thrilled you shared them,,, i will now think of the little muppet song every time i hear the word!!!!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Forgetfulone said...

Youtube is quite a phenomenon, too, isn't it?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

turning into a handy man?
Me thinks JP would say you are a very handyman!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Poor JP! Wonderful clips. :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

haha LOVEd kermits video, I've heard that little song but never saw this before! Good luck with the new home and Congrats on your reflective award from giggles! :)

6:47 PM  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Yeah, Steve is right, you are a handy man (and them some!) xx, JP

7:08 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Oh, I do KNOW how ugly moving can be. Once settled there is nothing better. Love Sandra Bullock and this clip, it’s well…hmmm......phenomenal!!! Made me giggle!! And that’s a good thing! I can never have too many endorphins working! You well deserved the reflections award for being so honest in your writing. It’s a joy to get to know you! Of course I absolutely adore your counterpart!

Hugs Sherrie

2:39 PM  
Blogger Shaz said...

This was so funny I love both of these and I didnt think I was a geek thanks for clearing that up.

How come you didnt kick those boys in the fanny. lol

7:28 PM  
Blogger awareness said...

I think life would be so much less fun without the Muppets. I love their irreverant humour. And I've always believed Jim Henson and his imagination was phenomenal.

Am glad you and Deb are settling in.....the fun methinks will begin once you master the hot tub chemical thing :)

Let the wine flow.........

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home