Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Holy Identity Theft, Batman!

Yikes! Its been more than a month since my last post. I'm soooo very sorry. I will strive to post more frequently.

So...what brought me out of hiding? What tidbit of activity in this life caught my fancy enough to share it with you? What madness stirs me to post?

Identity theft is, as I'm sure you've heard, becoming a major problem in modern society. It appears in headlines more and more frequently. There was, for example, this recent item describing how one woman caught the thief that stole her identity.

However, the headline that caught my attention was the one describing Herman Munster as one of the most recent victims of online theft. If you're not familiar with the name (or the photo), Herman was the (fictional) father in an American TV show called The Munsters.

What really scares me? Herman apparently had a working credit card number. I'd like to hear how that got authorized.

I'm sorry for going underground for so long. Things have been very hectic in these parts. But more on that later. For now, don't fill out any online forms unless you really do know where they're going. Otherwise, you may not be quite so amused the next time you hear about identity theft. (As Herman might say, "Darn! Darn! Darn!")

Photo credit: Unknown. I "borrowed" it from Morticia's Morgue, though I presume that Universal Studios owns the copyright.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JP (mom) said...

It's about damn time you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Thanks for a great little read. xx, JP

11:12 PM  
Blogger Whitesnake said...

Dont give me excuses!!!!!!!!
Give me reading material!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home