Friday, August 14, 2009

Regarding Extreme Ways



Another musical post tonight; the lyrics express my inner voice and monologue better than any words I can come up with at the moment.

Tonight ended one of my last week-long visits with Kara this Summer. As we were driving to the exchange point, she wanted to listen to some music and the soundtrack to The Bourne Ultimatum was the only CD in the car. Now, I know she has different tastes in music than I do (most people do), so I flipped to the last track on the disc...which happens to be the song linked in the video.

I've listened to it time and time again over the last several weeks and months. It captures something about my emotions, my fears, and my grief.

In the stories, the hero doesn't know how the happy ending is going to materialize until the very last minute. I think I'm somewhere near the middle of the story.

I'm tired. I'm tired of things always falling apart.

Would somebody please read the last page and let me know how it all turns out? I really, really hope it says, "And they lived happily ever after."

--f

Video credit: Universal

2 Comments:

Blogger Devyl Gyrl said...

The last page is locked up til you get to the end of the middle ... at which point 'he' has accepted the best and the worst of himself and has learned how to live without a 'we' involved ...

It is only at this point that 'she' can enter the picture to join with 'he' so 'they' takes effect and 'happily ever after' enters the picture at long last.

Trials are set before us to test our strength and aptitude ...

9:40 PM  
Anonymous On a limb with Claudia said...

One thing I learned hiking the Colorado Trail is that every steep incline had an equal steep decline. The valleys are as lush as the mountain tops - and each take a certain amount of work. You are in the middle of a steep incline. The peak will come, so will the valley and the next incline.

Life is about living - that's what you're doing. When you reach the peak, you'll laugh at this moment. When you take a long drink and rest in the valley, you'll wonder why you were so upset. Only when you reach the next incline will you remember this day.

((hug))

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home