Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fear...and...then...What?



I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

-- Bene Gesserit Prayer,
as quoted in Dune, by Frank Herbert.

Remember when I recently mentioned that music was a good indicator of what was going on for me? I'm in a strange space tonight. Listen to the music in the video and read the prayer quoted above.

Listen to the full clip, please. The pay off comes at about 6:10. As crazy and frakked up as things are, note where the piece ends.

It explains what I can't put into words tonight.

So say we all.

--f

P.S. The music, by the way, is a cut from the Battlestar Galactica Season 2 soundtrack. It's called "Prelude to War" and was featured in the episodes "Pegasus" and "Resurrection Ship, Parts 1 & 2"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home