Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Reflections on a Pale Blue Dot



If you're of a certain age, the name Carl Sagan may be familiar. Throughout the 70's, 80's, and first half of the 90's, Sagan made science accessible and interesting to the the average person. He was able to explain complex issues in ways that made them entertaining. In hosting TV programs like Cosmos, Nova, and others, he helped teach a generation about astronomy and other sciences.

I stumbled on the above video earlier today. The audio is a reading by Sagan about the Voyager program and the images are taken from a variety of sources. I'm not entirely sure where the video came from, but I share it because it spoke to me.

On this Christmas Eve, it is worth reflecting on the significance of a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

However you celebrate this time of year, I wish you happiness, peace, and prosperity in the days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home