Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Pair o' Ducks

I've not been sleeping well for the last couple of weeks. As a result, I'm tired, emotionally strung out, and feeling a bit punchy. I'm contemplative, philosophic, and meloncholic...and inventing paradoxical epigrams on the fly:

In religious wars, arms dealers are the only winners.

When people get their nose bent out of shape, they tend to cover their ears and close their minds.

When arguing, it is easier for some to go for the throat than to reach for common ground.

It makes more sense to wait for a storm to blow over than to struggle against it.

You can lead a duck to water, but you can't make it drink.

(OK, that last one was borrowed, but the others are, as far as I know, ex tempore.)

Photo credit: me.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Whitesnake said...

Some fings in life are bad,
They can really make you sad,
Other fings just make your swear and curse,
when ya chewing on life's grissle,
DON"T grumble,
Give a whistle,
And this ill help fings turn out for the best..........

And......

Always look on the bright side of life!!!!!

Come on ya ole bugga give us a grin.........

12:52 AM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

Many will flee to the comfort of their castles when presented with peasants owing allegence to someone other than them, which makes for safe castles, and piss poor kingdoms. I admire your decision not to flee the scene of the crime when it is so much fun to investigate it instead. Thank you for counting to ten before making decisions that would have deprived us all of your perspective.

3:13 PM  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Ah lovie, I know you've been wiped out, but I'm so proud of all you're doing. Much love, JP

9:02 PM  
Blogger Time said...

Even when you are emotionally strung out, I'm glad to see you can can still wax paradoxical.

And when you are feeling stressed, you can always drop by my castle. I've got plenty of ice cream :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Amen and amen and amen!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home