Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Holiday Catch-up and Recap

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. Things have been busy and I'm still trying to figure out how to carve time out of my schedule for daily writing.

Before I get too carried away, let me say a huge "thank you" to everyone who offered good wishes for my (and JP's) recent birthday. I certainly enjoyed mine and I'm fairly certain she enjoyed hers. Naturally, we spoiled each other (though I have the advantage of being able to have the last word, since her birthday is a week after mine. Hee hee.)

I'm going to keep this short this evening, but I did want to let everyone know that we're doing well. Yes, things are hectic, but it's a good hectic.

I do have one thought I wanted to share. I've been amazed by the way the blogging community knits together and supports each other, especially in the face of difficult times. Your support of JP, each other, and (perhaps most especially) Darlene and her family have amazed me. It's reassuring to see real people connecting and supporting each other. It's also reassuring to see how everyone supports the ideas, writings, and commentary of others. Examples of such openness and genuine friendship seem to be rare in the day-to-day world (what I call RL) and I'm proud to be a part, no matter how tiny, of such a community. Thank you!

I wish you all a happy new year!

(Tonight's picture was actually taken early in December and shows one of JP's favorite Christmas decorations hanging out with a few of my guilty pleasures.)

2 Comments:

Blogger chulita4 said...

Happy Belated Birthday. It's wonderful that two such great people share the same birthday month and just within a few days of each other. It makes your birthdays that much more special.

Your right about the blogging community. I need to get back in to it more because it is such a wonderful group to be a part of.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blogosphere is an amazing community. I have one friend who writes for a newspaper and dismisses the blog community as not worth reading. Of course she's never bothered to read anyone's blog and doesn't have a clue about what she's talking about. It annoys me that she would belittle all the incredible time, effort, talent and community involved in the blogosphere. Then again, the world is filled with people with closed minds. I'm always pleased to read your posts and am happy you and D had memorable birthday celebrations.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home