Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ten Lies...and One Truth

If you've followed my wife's blog for any length of time, you know that she writes poetry on a near daily basis and that she participates in many different challenges given throughout the blogosphere.

Well, she asked me to add a couple of buttons to her blog template tonight, buttons that point to a couple of different sites offering such challenges. While doing so, I noticed that Poetry Thursday was running a challenge to write a poem about ten lies.

I'm feeling very snarky this evening and looking for someone to take it out on. Since I can't release my frustration on the person who truly deserves my ire, I'll take it out on someone who also deserves to be held accountable for their actions.

I am not a poet by nature. Nevertheless, I believe everyone has a touch of imagery in their souls.

That said, here's my contribution to this week's Poetry Thursday challenge.

Compassionate Conservatism.
Uniter and Not a Divider.
Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Warrentless Wiretaps.
I aim to be a competitive nation.
Axis of Evil.
War Against Terror.
Let's don't fear the future, let's shape it.
Are you going to ask that question with shades on?
You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone.

Ask not what your country can do for you, George. Ask what you can do for your country!

7 Comments:

Blogger Doe said...

Very witty!!!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger madd said...

very well done..so should we crown him King of this weeks Liar, Liar Challenge..? he does it with such effotlessness..it just seems to flow out..:) sorry better stop or you will have a novella of a rant on your hands, when I just wanted to say NICE JOB!..m

7:15 AM  
Blogger twilightspider said...

Scathing, and oh-so well deserved.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone."

That's my favorite line, because it is the bumper sticker-ism for Dub's intelligence.

Nice!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

You just got an "amen!" from this corner of the room!

10:54 AM  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Hear, hear! My sentiments exactly.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Alex Pendragon said...

YOU are married to the amazing Jane POE?! WOW! Two people who love each other, and yet, both blog! WHAT a CONCEPT!

You are BOTH equally talented in your own ways.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home